Hotstar Live TV is a mobile and web-based video streaming platform which is owned by Novi Digital Entertainment Private Ltd., Subsidiary of Star India. Hotstar allows the user to stream live videos on our mobile devices and the videos from the favorite television channels like TV serials, Movies and Sports. The user can watch Live Cricket, TV shows, etc.
Hotstar is available on Android, iOS, and Nokia Asha, developers are working on to make it available on Windows Phone. Hotstar is a platform where the videos from most of the popular languages like Hindi, English, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, and Kannada are being streamed on the application.
Hotstar TV Channels
The favorite channels that are available on Hotstar are Star Plus, Asianet, Star Vijaya, Life Ok, Star Jalsha, Star World, MaaTv, Star Pravah, Channel V, Suvarna, Asianet Plus, Fox Life, Star Utsav, National Geographic Channel, Star Sports, and Baby TV.
Along with those channels, Hotstar has its channel “Hotstar Originals.” The users can easily navigate to the Genres of their interest. The movies of multiple languages are also available to watch for free, latest Movie Trailers, Music Videos and many more.
Features of Hotstar Live TV
- The New search feature enables users to find what they are looking for instantly.
- It allows the user to change the video quality as per his fondness which can also help the user in saving the data.
- The videos can be streamed on any bandwidth – even on 2G!
- The video can be resumed wherever the user stops watching. It will stay in the same location until the user moves it manually.
- In the latest Update, the developers have introduced live Cricket Scores.
- The brand new design of the application helps the user to find the content of his interest easily.
Download and Install Hotstar
Hotstar can run on various operating systems and screen sizes of about 7,000 variations. It was launched in the year 2015. In January the beta version of Hotstar was released, and in February the full version was launched.
Hotstar was developed to serve as a mobile application to stream live cricket at the time of World Cup. The use of smartphones has increased continuously because the users are willing to get everything on their smartphones.
The condition above can be called as a development in the technology as the live streaming on mobile was not possible in the past few years. And now Hotstar has developed in such a way that it can be watched on any mobile which has Hotstar Installed in it as it can stream videos even on 2G.
The videos that are available on Hotstar were also available to download, but in their recent update, they have removed that option as they are improving that feature and will make it available soon after a facelift and will be better than ever before.
Steps to Download and Install Hotstar Apps
- Open Play store on your smartphone.
- At the top of your smartphone screen, tap on the search bar.
- Then type in “Hotstar.”
- You can find “Hotstar Live Cricket and TV Movies.”
- Click on Install.
- Open the app.
- Enjoy Videos streaming on Hotstar.